From the article: Top 10 Italian Film 101
Italian cinema has its fair share of masters with unforgettables film made by Federico Fellini, Vittorio De Sica, Bernardo Bertolucci, Bernardo Bertolucci, Michelangelo Antonioni as a start. Our top ten isn't meant as an end-all list to the great films of Italy, but as a starting-off point for exploration. What great Italian movies would you suggest? Tell Us Your Favorites
Best of Youth
- An Italian family saga. Although quite long, very well done.
- —Guest Julia Dymand
a walk through story of Italy by movies
- Have a look at this web page: there is an interesting selection of italian movies that rebuild the whole italian history: http://encapc.webhispana.net/index.php?page=peliculas
- —Guest encapc
a list of interesting movies
- In this web there is a list of italian movies that tell the history of Italy . cinema italiano
- —Guest encarna
- Got to be in the list. Classic story of compromise, beautifully shot and stylised
eight and half
- I just love this so much. I really think it should included in top ten list for it's brilliance and truthfulness.
- La Strada is truly an amazing film, one of the best period, but it is not as good as 8 1/2: fellini's best and most definitive film
- —Guest Alex
- Ciao Professore...loved it...very funny...too funny
Don't forget. . .
- Il Postino. This movie reminded us of the romance of Neruda's poerty, the troubled past of Chile, the simplicity of the Mediterranean in the fifties and, of course, every man who saw this film fell madly for Maria Grazia Cuccinotta.
- —Guest The_Brucer
- PIER P P asoliniHecause he knew beforehand what will happen to the world the most inteligent director ever
- —Guest jila Nasiri
- I am looking for a film Jessica an american lady, she plays as a midwife in small village and most of the italian men felt in love with her.
- —Guest ruth stengele
- Romanzo Criminale is an awesome movie about the gang scene in Italy in the 1970's. It is a mixture of some American films, such as Blow/We Own the Night...etc. I watched it with many of my Italian friends and they all said it is a must-see...diverse group of people and everyone loved it.
- —Guest bean15
- Il ciclone is not high art, but still sweet and lovely and highly enjoyable.
- —Guest pennyshuw